The Western ARS Agronomy Field Day will be held July 15, 20015, with registration at 8:30AM until 9, then end the day at 3PM. The farm is located at 7721 South Charleston Pike, South Charleston, Ohio. The Western Agricultural Research Station is the University research center for agronomy in western Ohio. This site carries a significant load of work on soils and conditions that closely resemble much of western Ohio cropping systems. Join us to learn how to improve conditions on your farm.
The field day begins with morning in-field sessions from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. This will feature three 1-hour talks and visits in the field at the researchers plots.
· Anne Dorrance to discuss reducing questionable inputs for increased profits. Profit is the key word in these times.
· John Fulton will review and show his work on plant response with precision planters looking at seedling depth and hydraulic down pressure.
· With Laura Lindsey we will view trials of micronutrient foliar applications to soybeans.
Lunch will be served at noon in the Western Ag Research Station’s air-conditioned conference room. You will have time to visit and ask more questions as you please.
For the afternoon we will provide a wagon tour of other projects on the station. We will make four one-half hour stops with speakers:
· Steve Culman – P and K fertilization Trials in Ohio Over Nine Years
· Alex Lindsey – Cover Crop Interseeding into Emerged Corn
· Andy Michel & Ron Hammond - Issues with Seed corn maggot and Corn Rootworm
· Peter Thomison - Exploiting Hybrid x Management Interactions for Higher Yields
Pre-registration is requested by July 10th to get a count for lunch from Rudy’s BBQ, the cost is $20 per person payable at the door. Contact Harold Watters Extension Field Specialist at 937-599-4227, email@example.com or Joe Davlin Western farm manager at 937-462-8016, firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
We thank the Ohio Soybean Council for their support of the Western Agronomy Field Day. Again the location is the OARDC Western Agricultural Research Station at 7721 South Charleston Pike, South Charleston, Ohio 45368 on SR 41 between Springfield and South Charleston, watch for signs. See you on July 15th.
CCA continuing education credits will be available.