Join this free interactive workshop
A Chronic Disease
DATE: Each Friday, for 6 weeks, May 6 – June 10
TIME: 10:00 a.m. - Noon
WHERE: A Zoom link will be provided upon confirmation of registration.
REGISTER: Go to - go.osu.edu/HealthyU or Contact Karin at email@example.com or 937341-301
Healthy U is a free, community-based workshop that helps participants learn proven strategies to manage chronic health conditions and feel healthier. Healthy U is for you if:
- You live with long-term health conditions, such as: arthritis, diabetes, lung disease, high blood pressure, heart disease, cancer, chronic pain, anxiety, depression and more;
- You feel tired, alone or stressed by health problems; or
- You are looking for better ways to manage your symptoms
Healthy U workshops are conducted in your community by people like you who have learned to take control of their health. They are conducted in six weekly, interactive, small-group sessions that focus on the participants’ role in managing their own illnesses.
- Strategies to deal with stress, frustration, fatigue, pain and depression;
- Using physical activity to maintain and improve strength, flexibility, and endurance;
- How to use medications safely and appropriately;
- Improve communication with your doctor and your family about your health;
- Using good nutrition to improve health and control symptoms;
- How to evaluate new treatments; and
- Setting and achieving personal health goals.