So, you want to become a 4-H Volunteer in Darke County? First of all, thank you for your willingness to work with the youth in our county and help them to achieve their greatest potential! Read on for information on how to apply to become a 4-H Volunteer.
Any adult who wishes to apply to become a 4-H volunteer for Darke County 4-H in 2021 must complete the entire application process prior to April 1, 2021. All potential volunteers will: (1) receive a position description; (2) complete an application and return to Extension office; (3) have references collected by Extension professionals; (4) complete an interview; (5) submit to a criminal history fingerprint record check; (6) agree to and sign the volunteer standards of behavior form; and (7) participate in an orientation/training program. In order to be able to complete the application process by April 1, 2021, your completed application must be received by our office by 4:30pm on February 15, 2021. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
In order to begin the application process, you must submit your completed 4-H Volunteer Application to our office. Applications must be completed in their entirety. We must have complete names and contact information for your references. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Download the documents below and read them carefully. Please read the position description related to the volunteer position to which you are applying. Organizational Volunteer is the main club leader who serves as the contact person for the club. 4-H Club Volunteer - Project and Activity is for those adults who provide support to club members for various projects or activities. Cloverbud Volunteers give leadership to youth in grades K-2 enrolled in the Cloverbud program.
- Volunteer Application Packet Cover Sheet - read this first
- Application Cover Letter
- Position Description - 4-H Club Organizational Volunteer
- Position Description - 4-H Club Volunteer (Project and Activity)
- Position Description - Cloverbud Volunteer
- Ohio 4-H Volunteer Application (print and complete) (required to be submitted; must be completed in its entirety)
- Ohio 4-H Volunteer Application ( fillable PDF) (required to be submitted; must be completed in its entirety)
- Background Check Instructions
- Background Check Reimbursement Form - take this form with you when you go to have your background check
Volunteer interviews will be conducted virtually via Zoom and will be scheduled with each individual applicant once all completed references have been received. Orientation and training will be scheduled after January 1, 2021.
If you have any questions about these documents or the application process, CONTACT US.