All youth who exhibit market animals, lactating dairy, or lactating goats are required by Ohio law to complete Quality Assurance (QA) prior to exhibition. QA must be completed a minimum of 45 days prior to exhibition of the animal(s).
Darke County Youth must have QA completed by June 1, 2023.
Reminder: All first and second year market and lactating dairy and goat exhibitors (regardless of the age of the exhibitor)
must have a parent or guardian attend QA along with the exhibitor.
Options for completing QA in 2023:
- Five in-person sessions are offered in Darke County in 2023. All programs are held in the Youth Building at the Fairgrounds. Programs begin promptly at the start time listed below. No late arrivals will be admitted. Please plan to arrive 15 to 20 minutes early in order to have time to sign in. To register to attend of these sessions: go.osu.edu/23darkeqa
- Monday, April 24, 2023 - 7:00pm
- Thursday, April 27, 2023 - 7:00pm
- Saturday, April 29, 2023 - 9:30am
- Monday, May 1, 2023 - 7:00pm
- Thursday, May 4, 2023 - 7:00pm
- Test-Out Option: Youth ages 12-14 and 15-18 are encouraged to participate in the test out option. The test consists of 50 questions, multiple choice and youth must score 70% or above to pass. (Ages are of 1/1/2023) Youth who pass the test in the 12-14 age group do not need to take QA until they reach age 15. Youth who pass the age 15 and over test do not need to participate in QA for the remainder of their Jr. Fair career. If a youth attempts the test out and does not pass, they will be required to attend an in-person QA session or complete the online course.
Tests will be administered at OSU Extension, Darke County, 603 Wagner Avenue, Greenville. To register for one of the test out options below: go.osu.edu/23darkeqatestout
- Monday, March 27, 2023 - 6:30pm
- Thursday, March 30, 2023 - 6:30pm
- Friday, April 7, 2023 - 3:00pm
- Can't attend any of these dates? Email Rhonda Williams to arrange for an alternative test time.
- Online course: Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA)
- There is a $12.00 fee per youth for this course.
- Complete the Web-based Training Certification option.
- Upon completion of the online YQCA course, a copy of the completion certificate MUST be emailed to Rhonda Williams
- Help documents (and new help videos) for account set up, registration, certificates, etc. can be found online https://yqcaprogram.org/local/youth_parents.php
- Attend QA in another county. Youth should expect to pay to attend QA in a county other than their county of residence. A list of out-of-county QA options will be available soon.
- Other options may be available, such as the BEST Show, Beef Expo, Dairy Palooza, BQA,PQA (age 14 and over), State Youth Poultry Clinic, and the Ohio 4-H Conference.
Questions? CONTACT US