Quality assurance is mandatory for exhibitors of market animals, lactating dairy and lactating goats.
QA must be completed by June 1, 2020 in order for the exhibitor to be eligible to show and sell at the 2020 Darke County Fair. The ODA has suspended the requirement that QA be completed 45 days prior to exhibition for 2020.
Due to our current public health situation, Quality Assurance will look different in 2020. Youth exhibitors have three options to complete their QA in 2020.
- QA via Zoom
- Test-out via Zoom
- Online QA from yqca.org
Please continue reading for a desciption of each opportunity.
QA Sessions Via Zoom - No charge to attend - You must register a minimum of 48 hours prior to the session you wish to attend.
Due to the current restrictions on face-to-face meetings, all QA sessions will be presented via Zoom. Participants must have an electronic device that has a camera and microphone. All QA Zoom sessions are limited to 20 families at a time.
Sessions will be offered on these days/times:
- Monday, May 4 – 3:00pm
- Thursday, May 7 – 11:00am and 7:00pm
- Friday, May 8 – 3:00pm
- Tuesday, May 12 – 11:00am and 3:00pm
- Wednesday, May 13 – 11:00am, 3:00pm and 7:00pm
- Thursday, May 14 – 11:00am and 3:00pm
- Friday, May 15 – 3:00pm
- Monday, May 18 – 11:00am and 3:00pm
- Wednesday, May 20 – 11:00am and 7:00pm
NEW IN 2020 - ONLINE OPTION - $12.00/child
The fee for this online program is $12.00. There are three units to the program and you must pass all three levels in order to complete the certification requirement.
Please note: There is an online option for youth 8-11; however, the ODA will not accept this certification for our QA purposes. **Please note: for 2020 only, the ODA will accept online certification for youth ages 8-11.**
The website for the online program is http://yqca.org/. For 2020 only: youth should login using the FFA & Independent sign up button. It is the responsibility of the youth completing the online program to provide proof of completion to the Extension Office by June 1, 2020.
For instructions (with screenshots) on how to do the online test option, CLICK HERE. **Please use the FFA & Independent login as not everyone is active in 4-H Online at this point.**
NEW THIS YEAR FOR THE OHIO STATE FAIR
Youth entering a market swine project at the 2020 Ohio State Fair will be required to have a parent/guardian PQA certified in order to meet packer requirements. PQA certification number will be required for online entry (deadline of June 20th).
- Certification numbers will be verified, falsified numbers will result in penalty.
- Once notified of invalid number, exhibitors will have 5 days to provide the correct PQA certification number.
- If the correct PQA certification number is not provided within 5 days, exhibitor will be disqualified from exhibition.
There are several options for parents/guardians to be PQA certified:
- Adults can attend an in-person PQA session
- Adults can sign-up for the PQA on-line certification. Requests can be emailed to Elizabeth Share
1. The adult PQA certification is good for 3 years.
2. If a parent/guardian has several youth in the family, the same PQA number will count for all of the youth.
CONTACT US if you have any questions about quality assurance.